We are back today for another conference preseason preview; where we highlight the top returning players at each position and also preview the best teams in the said conference. The conference this week will be one of the top-tier conferences- the Metro East Conference. The Metro East contains St. Thomas, Hill Murray, Hastings, Mahtomedi, Tartan, Simley, South St. Paul, Henry Sibley. Today we are covering forwards that are worthy of recognition in this conference for their returns. This conference has a very solid mix of teams and a very good mix of players. This conference has many state tourney appearances, mainly from Hill Murray, St. Thomas, and Mahtomedi. We are trying a new article style that covers many players, with short explanations.
- – was one of the top players on St. Thomas last year. He had a 31 point season and is returning as the highest returner from last year. Nagel is ranked as the 19th best forward in the class of 2022.
- – St. Thomas returns another top forward in this conference, and also one of the top juniors in the state. Cronin is a great playmaker, as he had 18 assists in 19 games. Cronin is ranked as the 20th best forward in the class of 2023.
- – University of Wisconsin commit for Hill Murray is most likely returning to Hill this year. He would be a big piece back for a state favorite, as he tallied 26 points in 20 games last year. Godbout is currently ranked as the 5th best forward in the 2022 class.
- Tyler Grahme– The third forward on this list, makes St. Thomas have one of the top first forward lines in the state. He finished with 26 points in 21 games last season. Grahame is currently unranked on our site.
- Jacob Harris– Jacob Harris is one of the more underrated players in this conference, because of the team he is on. Harris deserves the last spot on this list, because of the season he had last year. He finished the year with 13 goals and 9 assists on the year.